This is mandatory training for employees who prepare packages for shipment that contain dry ice. Dry ice is used as a refrigerant in shipping and regulated as a hazardous material by the US DOT and IATA. By law, employees must be trained to general and function-specific topics related to the preparation and shipment of packages containing dry ice. This training provides the following topics required by 49CFR172, Subpart H.
• General awareness training on the DOT Haz-Mat Shipping Regulations with focus on parts of the regulations related to shipping dry ice.
• Function specific training on packaging, marking and labeling requirements for shipping dry ice.
• Safety information applicable to dry ice shipping.
• Shipping documentation preparation and record retention requirements.
• DOT security awareness training.
• Employee training requirements.
Who Should Attend:
Employees who perform functions associated with shipments containing dry ice only (No other haz-mat).