This course provides employees with training precautions in dealing with blood, infectious materials & other biohazards.
Course Content Includes:
1. Introduction to Federal and State regulations on employee health
2. Safety discussion of the regulatory standard and explanation of its contents
3. Information on bloodborne diseases and transmission
4. Exposure control plan
5. Engineering and work practice controls
6. Personal protective equipment
7. Hepatitis B vaccine
8. Response to emergencies involving blood
9. Handling exposure incidents
10. The post-exposure evaluation and follow-up program
11. BBP signs/labels/color-coding
Instruction Methods: Lecture, slide/video presentation, handouts, competency quiz
Who Should Attend: All NMSU employees that provide first aid, potential of human blood contact, body fluid/tissue.
Training Frequency: Annual refresher is required for routine exposure.