This course is intended for employees working with or around animals at all NMSU Campus and Facilities.
Requirement prior to working with animals: Immunization record should be completed. This information will be given during class.
Course Contents Include:
1. Occupational Health and Safety Program;
2. Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee;
3. Potential Hazards & Physical Safety;
4. Medical Health Evaluation Questionnaire;
6. Waste Decontamination;
7. Zoonosis for large animals.
Instruction methods: lecture, handouts, video/slide presentation, discussion.
Who Should Attend: All University employees and others who work with or have the potential to contact animals, their body fluids, or tissues.
Training Frequency: Training on this standard must be given initially upon start of assignment as well as periodic reviews as needed thereafter.