This course is designed to inform employees of the procedures to be used in the lockout/tagout process to ensure safety & protection during repair and maintenance of equipment.
1. Instructions in use of locks and tags
2. Proper removal of devices and potential hazards involved
3. Federal and State regulations (OSHA 1910.147)
4. Need for Lockout/Tagout
5. Nature and Extent of Potential Energy Hazards
6. Proper Lockout/Tagout Procedures
Who Should Attend: Employees who operate or use a machine or equipment on which servicing or maintenance is being performed. This also applies to those employees whose job requires him/her to work in an area in which maintenance is being performed.
Training Frequency: Initial training upon assignment and retraining whenever there is a change in equipment, assignment, processes or hazards. Retraining is also needed if inspections or conditions show that safety procedures are not being followed.