Course Description: The course introduces the concept of ergonomics in a general office setting, brings awareness to the most common cumulative trauma disorders (CTDs), explores strategies to prevent or control CTDs, and identifies the basics of an office ergonomics safety program.
Course Objectives: After completing this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Recall the underlying principle of ergonomics in the workplace.
2. Identify causes of CTDs.
3. Recognize common types of cumulative trauma disorders.
4. Match warning signs and symptoms with solutions and actions.
5. Identify ergonomic best practices.
6. Recognize elements of an effective ergonomic health and safety program.