Course Description: The purpose of this course is to increase awareness of asbestos hazards to help minimize employee exposure and risk of acquiring an asbestos-related disease, which therefore contribute to employee workplace safety. Completion of this course alone does not meet the intent of applicable regulations nor qualify a worker to collect samples and perform abatement activities.
Course Objectives: After completing this lesson, the learner will be able to:
1. Explain what asbestos is.
2. Give examples of how asbestos might appear at work.
3. Identify health effects of asbestos exposure.
4. Identify ways to prevent exposure to asbestos on the job.
5. Explain what to do if they are exposed to asbestos.