Course Description: Lockout Tagout for Authorized Workers provides background on what lockout/tag out is, and teaches the steps to safely perform this procedure. It covers the types of hazardous energy contained in equipment and machinery, what a Hazardous Energy Control Program is, and how to perform special procedures, such as group lockout/tagout (Length: 40 minutes).
Course Objectives: After completing this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Recognize the purpose of lockout/tagout procedures
2. Identify the responsibilities of authorized, affected and other employees during lockout/tagout procedures.
3. Identify sources of hazardous energy and consequences of improper control
4. Identify procedural steps for lockout/tagout
5. Recognize approved options and special considerations for lockout/tagout
Who Should Attend: Employees that need to use or be aware of lockout/tagout procedures.