Training Central will be upgraded on April 3, 2020. Because the upgrade is a big leap from v5.5 to v7.6, we are essentially rebuilding the system from the ground up. Unfortunately, this means the system will be unavailable March 26 – April 2 to avoid data loss while we work with the vendor (SABA) and ICT to make the conversion.
Why are we doing this now?
Since implementing Training Central in 2011, the software has not been upgraded. Multiple patches, updates, and new functionality are now available. The biggest reasons for upgrading now are to increase the compatibility with current browsers and mobile devices and also to enable advanced reporting capabilities, which will allow us to better support the NMSU LEADS 2025 Goals.
What benefits will we see?
- Browser updates to allow Training Central to run on current browsers and on mobile devices
- Training Central will be now be compatible with Chrome and Edge, as well as Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari
- Training Central administrator functionality will no longer be limited in Firefox and Safari
- Online content will be viewable on mobile devices
- Updated Team Dashboard for managers with new views and functionality
- User interface and usability enhancements
- End-of-course certificates will now be accessible to all users; computer configuration and security access will no longer affect users trying to access certificates (although we still discourage you from printing certificates in support of NMSU’s sustainability efforts)
- Enhanced reporting capabilities through Training Central Analytics to support NMSU LEADS 2025
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will I be able to use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge?
A. Yes! Training Central will be compatible with all current browsers after the upgrade.
Q. Will I be able to access Training Central on my mobile device?
A. Yes! Training Central will support mobile devices.
Q. I want to attend a class during the time of the outage. Will I still be able to register?
A. Training Central will be unavailable March 26 – April 2. Please register for training prior to the outage or contact the instructor to attend as a walk-in. All trainings conducted during the outage will be recorded in Training Central once the system is back up.
Q. I have to complete my compliance training. How will the outage affect me?
A. If you are currently assigned compliance training and have a status of “assigned” or “in progress” and a target date on or after 3/26/20, your target date for completing the training will be extend by eights (8) days to cover the time of the outage. If your training is currently “overdue” or due before 3/26/20, your completion due date will not be extended.
If you are a new employee with a start date between 3/20/20 and 4/6/20, you will be enrolled in the appropriate compliance training on 4/6/20.
Q. I was hired during the outage period. When do I have to complete my compliance training?
A. If you are a new employee with a start date between 3/20/20 and 4/6/20, you will be enrolled in the appropriate compliance training on 4/6/20.
Q. Will my training records and upcoming training registrations still be available?
A. Yes, everything from the current system will be copied to the new system.
Q. I’m a manager. Will I still be able to access my Team Dashboard to view my employees’ training records?
A. Yes, the Team Dashboard is still available to you and will show current registrations, certification statuses, and completed training for all your staff. Visit the help site from your Team Dashboard for step-by-step instructions.
Do you have other questions not covered here? Email us at email@example.com, and we’ll get you an answer.
Watch a short video on navigating Training Central.
Watch a short video on completing online training.